By Sila Rodney
Travel insurance is an act of taking cover against travel related problems and expenses. This may be undertaken before completion of a particular journey. Many people lack to understand its importance and claim that it is not necessary for one to incur extra expenses while travelling. However, anyone can fall sick, a plane or a train can have an accident or other complications that may expose one to danger.
Types of Travel Insurance
There are usually two types: International travel insurance, for those who wish to travel abroad and domestic travel insurance, for those who wish to travel within the country. They can be obtained from your country of residence, travel agents or via existing deals.
An important consideration when buying a cover is the dates of coverage that should specify the day you left your expenses up to the day you return to your homeland.
Among the major functions of this cover is the medical aspect while travelling, it cares for all your medical expenses which may arise during the travelling. Some companies pay for friends or relatives who volunteer to stay and support you during the travel. Other companies even pay a lump sum in the event of an injury or unwanted occurrence.
A travel may be cancelled due to a number of factors like: medical condition, disaster or calamity in one's family or either upheavals in your own planned program. In case this happens, they may cover for your travelling expenses and other that may result from the cancellation. There are some cancellations that the insurance company covers while rejecting the other. This includes:
1. Cancellation due to death of a family member, a friend or a partner may not be covered.
2. Family emergencies such a quarrel, hospitalization of a family member, diagnosed with a disease among other family matter. These are not covered.
3. Cancellation due activities resulting from terrorist are usually covered, but when terrorist threats have not been issued cover is not provided until the act happens.
4. Cancellations due to strike are also not covered by many insurance companies, especially after union members have voted for the approval of the strike.
5. In case of an unsafe destination, the insurance company covers expenses resulting from the cancellation.
Apart from personal problem that affect an individual some travel insurance companies cover loss, damage or theft or property, but only when right procedure are taken and a police report is produced. Thus, it is very important for an individual to apply for a cover to take care of the unknown.
We provide the best info about [http://www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk/travel-insurance.html]Travel Insurance and [http://www.cheaptraintickets.co.uk/travel-insurance/aa-travel-insurance.html]AA Travel Insurance. For further details please visit the provided links.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com